Thread: Jason Allen
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason Allen

I disagree with the notion that it's not a good idea to take a mid round pick at the cb position.

You want to add competition everywhere.

There are a lot of small school guys that will probably go late or in the mid rounds that have the ability of some of the tier one players. But the thing holding them back is the competition they played against.

Just because you take a guy in the fourth round doesn't mean you expect him to only be a dime corner for you. You can take a guy there and think they have the ability to develop into a starter at some point.

I'm not caught up in the rounds in which a player is taken. I'm more interested in whether or not the team takes guys that are talented. You can find a starter or a solid player in rounds 1-UDFA.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote