Thread: Jason Allen
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jason Allen

I wish, Jason Allen would have played more like he did vs Baltimore.... not when he gave up the TD, but later, when he was getting physical with Bolden, earlier in the season.

There are times to play press coverage, times to play 5 yards off the line.... 7 yards, 10 yards..... deeper.

Depending on the scheme & down & distance.

We were playing run first, sending the house at Ray Rice/Joe Flacco & we needed our CBs to press at the line & not allow Bolden to get off the line free. This was Allen's most physical game. I like to think Wade or Vance chewed him out after the TD told him to man up & see how it works..... he was pretty successful, I think. He took Bolden out of the game, I think. Was all in his head. They were playing past the whistle, jawing the whole time.

If it weren't for the Brandon Harris, Carmichael, McMannis, McCain.....

Hell, I'd probably cut McCain... or maybe we can trade McCain & Jacoby for somet'n.

It would have been an easier decision for me if he played that physical earlier in the year & more often.

I'm a Kareem apologist, I know. I think he's where a 2nd player should be, if not a little behind. Too early to give up on him.... but I think Allen had a better game when it mattered... vs Baltimore. Had he played to start the game the way he did at the end of the game, Bolden never would have scored that TD..... he was too upset, too out of it.