View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Post-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've been trying to calm down people from day one that Wade can go many ways as far as NT is concerned - big or small; but it would never hurt to see if we can actually improve a position (if there's one in the draft).

I'm not endorsing Poe or any DL, but there are a few youtube videos out there.
It takes a while to search.
Go to youtube and start searching for memphis.
Next check out their opponents the last two years and search youtube for their games.
For Memphis, I found Miss. St., SMU, and Houston to start with.

Poe isn't a floppy kind of guy as one would expect, but he doesn't look like a first rounder to me either (on first impression.)

I noticed a play where they tripled-team him, but then there were also plays they beat him one-on-one with the Guard.
Yeah, these are highlights from other teams, but you can't help but wonder when they ran straight at him or near him; it's a little troublesome when you're talking about SMU and UH (the UH game was from the year before, without Case Keenum at QB).

BTW, I saw him pretty much at 43 UT (not NT).

I was disappointed that his strength didn't quite show up on the field (obviously pad level is a concern).
On the other hand, he does have a very good first step and burst (when he can time it right) even to be effective on a stunt - which is difficult for a big man.

It's weird because what I thought I would see (a big NT who eat up space) didn't materialize as much as a penetrator (that I didn't expect to see).
I think the dude can be quick if the coaches and the training learn him to be consistent at it.

(I don't know who said it, maybe John Madden, if the guy can do it one time, you can teach him to do it again.)

Perhaps Martin can tell us more about what he's seen?
Same evaluation on Poe when I started pushing him. Agree he is not a first round BUT will probably be drafted there as a team will not want to chance losing him. Agree also he needs NFL training as most college players at all positions do. Texans would be perfect as he could learn behind Cody (whom i think as really done well all things considered.) The Nose has dropped on my board as you can tell from my most recent mock. Poe is a better penetrator than many will think. Same with my new guy Mister Cobble.