View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012   #32
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all the Chris Myers threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
as far as all the other threads(I know there were some "I told you so" threads that were floating a round
Hell yes I bashed him. He got posterized by Jenkins at the time(his job was to protect this QB and Schaub could have gotten killed) and not only that, but the Texans were notorious of getting stopped on short yardage situations. I think some of the pissed off posts were justified at that time.(along with other offensive linemen). I think my posts were directed at Chris the football player and not the human being. I don't recall being that pissed off that I went person.. that isn't my style,but who knows in the heat of battle on game day

With that said. CONGRATULATIONS to Chris, it is freaking awesome and glad the Texans got some coaching in here help develop the players

It is freaking awesome that he is our first Pro Bowl offensive lineman (Duane Brown will have his day)

I do hope we can and do re-sign him
For me, it was never the case of "I told you so".
I just don't like the idea of making a scape-goat out of somebody who is not.

Some of Myers' perceived "bad plays" were similar to KJax' in his rookie year.
It was the responsibility of the guard(s) as opposed to safety(ies) - in case of KJax.

They both had their own bad plays, that's for sure.

Other O-linemen (all of them) had failed to protect Schaub more often than Myers but they didn't hear the wrath. All of them "would have killed" Schaub many times over more than Myers.

Similarly, other Texans CBs performed poorly in the same year KJax was a rook.
I would go on record to say that I graded out Jackson as the best performer that year in the secondary (sounds just insane like I graded Myers as the best performer on the O-line in his scape-goat year.)

That was why they brought in Allen that year and then moved Quin to safety and McCain to nickel this year (besides letting go of Pollard and Wilson).

Some claimed that Myers was the worst Center in the league; some claimed that Jackson was the worst CB in the league.
Those were the statements that I set out to disprove.

Don't forget that I also said I would take Jackson over McCourty even after McCourty was selected to the Pro-Bowl (that statement sounded totally ludicrous to many at the time.)
It was not another "I told you so", but rather a sincere and friendly call-out to the most hardcore football fans to study and learn the game so we can all appreciate it as the most intricate sport there is on this planet.

If we can't be sure of the protection call, we should hold off on blaming a particular O-lineman.
If we can't be sure of the coverage, we shouldn't be too quick to blame a certain secondary player.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote