View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012   #66
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think the situations and the coverage allowed Yates to go deep much in that game.

He attempted only 16 passes but was hurried 3 times (official nfl stats).
He was sacked 4 times on top of that.
The Texans were backed up close to their own end zone (twice in the first half - I just went back and took a quick look of the first half.)

The Colts were in cover 2, taking away the receiver that runs the deep route.
Those are some of the things that I saw (in the first half.)
Thanks for your thoughts, man. Obviously it's been a little while since that game, which I have honestly just tried to forget after it was over, so that was just my initial memory on it.

Do you recall if they took any shots downfield? And did he seem like the same QB as he was against the Falcons and Bengals to you?

The whole team seemed like they were in a funk against the Panthers and Colts, so not trying to make TJ a scapegoat for those losses.