View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Lots of check-downs and short yardage dump offs. Sort of reminded me of David Carr's game, and this was not what he was doing against the Falcons and Bengals.

High completion percentage against the Colts, but only got 132 yards. He seemed very tentative, iirc. Almost like his reigns were pulled in, but that's just my fan impression. Not sure what was going on, since the organization is always tight-lipped about these things.
I don't think the situations and the coverage allowed Yates to go deep much in that game.

He attempted only 16 passes but was hurried 3 times (official nfl stats).
He was sacked 4 times on top of that.
The Texans were backed up close to their own end zone (twice in the first half - I just went back and took a quick look of the first half.)

The Colts were in cover 2, taking away the receiver that runs the deep route.
Those are some of the things that I saw (in the first half.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote