View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Position Specific Mocks

Keep an eye on Josh Norman, CB from Coastal Carolina at the Shriner game this weekend (he was also invited to the combine.)

Shriner game practice
Norman might be having the strongest week of any player in attendance through the first two days of practice.

Playing for the East squad, Norman has a tall, narrow frame with good length and muscle definition for the position; he definitely looks the part on the field. Through two practices, Norman shown off his quick feet and fluid hips, looking natural in reverse but also driving on plays in front of him with good timing and anticipation. He showed on several occasions his willingness to hit and get dirty, to go along with terrific ball skills when the ball was in his area.

Norman is flexible but he gets a bit high out of his stance and overpursued on a few drills, allowing the running back to reach the sideline and turn upfield. Norman received plenty of attention from several NFL teams that wanted to talk to him after practice. He entered the week as a likely late-round pick, but Norman's arrow is definitely pointing up through the first two days.

Coastal Carolina cornerback Josh Norman used his size (6-feet 1/2-inch, 203 pounds) and length (32' 1/2" arms) to consistently make plays on the ball with impressive ball skills and confidence. I'm anxious to watch him the rest of the week.

I was able to watch one of his game against W. Virginia in 2010 (when he was a Jr.)

He looked really good (but he was hardly challenged - he was thrown at only once and the ball had no chance; way out of the end zone as the receiver was well-covered.) He was almost always on an island and W. Virginia has a good passing game, yet they didn't look his way; that ought to say something.

He came off his receiver to make a tackle on another receiver and strip the ball out, resulting in a touchback (saving a TD.)

He made 4 really really nice tackles on Noel Divine (saving at least a TD and a bunch of yards.)
He did miss a few tackles in similar fashion to a scout's note mentioned above (he can be a little too aggressive to the ball.)

During the game, I heard that he has 4.45 speed.

He was very physical and fought off his man almost all of the time and he made several good reads.

He covered his receiver well (but I noticed that he was never in a back-pedal).
I haven't watched any of his games this year yet (I hope to, even though I don't think we will draft a CB.)

13 Ints (8 in his sophomore yr).
I guess maybe they don't throw at him much in his last 2 seasons (???)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote