View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Position Specific Mocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Can you imagine the jokes stemming from an all OG draft? Fans can't handle a few TEs getting picked. It would definitely be interesting to see what 10 OGs in a line with Foster taking direct snaps would do to a defense.

CB Mock.
1- Janoris Jenkins CB 5'9'' 185 4.46 - Very instinctive cover corner. Not shy to tackle but size is an issue. Will also need to post a better 40 time. Legit #2 corner prospect.
2- Trumaine Johnson 6'2'' 204 4.52 - Big, aggressive guy. Maybe be a FS but with his size if he can stay with faster guys using smarts and good jams he'll be a playmaker. Stephon Gilmore was an interesting choice here too but I went with the athlete over a zone cover corner.
3- Donnie Fletcher 6'1'' 195 4.53 - Another tweener CB/S. Very good at zones, good instincts and willing run supporter. Man coverage may be an issue, more than Johnson who is a similar pick. Cliff Harris is an interesting pass too, he seems like a playmaker who just won't quit doing stupid crap off the field. Who's willing to roll the dice on a DUI waiting to happen?
4- Asa Jackson 5'10'' 188 4.40 - Playmaker but against what level competition playing for Cal Poly? Possible KR duty with his speed.
5- Charles Brown 5'10'' 205 4.49 - Good athlete that needs some coaching. Struggles with consistency but makes plays. Some KR abilities as well.
6- Robert Golden 5'11'' 200 4.54 - Again good athlete, high level recruit that may need to move back to safety and face the action.
7- Chris Greenwood 6'1'' 186 4.39 - Taking a flyer on a guy who can absolutely fly. That's how I roll. Crazy Al style.
A guy that I'd add to that list as a possible pick in the late 1st round is Chase Minnifield from Virginia. He's got good size, speed, great athleticism, and college productivity. If the Texans chose to go CB in the 1st round I'd be fine with this pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote