View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed says Texans D rattled Flacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
While we were very good on defense this year, I think it's a little much to expect the defense to be historically good like the '00 Ravens squad was.
No, but it does not have to be as good as the 2000 Ravens defense when we have an offense like ours. Heck, that Ravens D was so awesome that it even got Trent freakin' Dilfer a ring! lol!

They did not have Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and Matt Schaub. That's a three headed offensive monster that can really do some damage when coupled with a great defense.

My point was basically if the mantra of great defense, good running game, and avoid turnovers, can be applied to the 2012 Texans and we see Houston's first pro football team in the Super Bowl. We certainly have the pieces to make that a realistic goal.

Koolaide drinking? Perhaps. But I do not think it is delusional in any sort of way.