View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Post-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I've got to agree with Wolverine here. Wade's one gap system relies more on quickness and penetration than just stuffing the line of scrimmage. In the past Wade has always worked with what he has, he does modify his system to fit the talent that he's got to work with so I think he can go either way on the NT issue. I think a guy like Worthy or Brandon Thompson, 2 guys with size and quickness would work well for Wade more so than the huge 2 gap space eaters like Poe or Ta'amu. Josh Chapman is another guy that's big without being huge and strong as an ox that would work in Wade's 1 gap system.

Has anyone actually seen Poe play, in person at the game, on television, or in game internet video? I can't find anything on this guy when I do a Google search. I see lots of interview and weight lifting but no game footage. Could someone please post a link if you've found some game tape of him playing, I'd really like to see what he can do. I can't support a 1st round pick on a player I've never seen play.
Here is a direct quote from Wade that shows he works with what he has in regards to the Nose:

ďIt seems simple, but if youíve got a great big guy that canít penetrate, like some of the guys Iíve had, then you let him play right in the middle of the (center). If youíve got a guy thatís quick, you let him stunt. If youíve got a guy thatís strong, you let him power one side or the other of the center. Thatís just the way you coach football. We can take a guy that has good ability Ė and I think both the guys we have have real good ability Ė and get him to play well.Ē

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/0...acks-up-words/

Posted in May by Scurfield.

I think offensive needs will outweigh defensive in next draft so I do not anticipate seeing a NT taken before round 4 of any shape or size.