View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #21
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Post-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have pushed for a big nasty but do not say it's a must. I believe a big NT that is in shape (not a Hainesworth fattie) can absorb more of the damage received than a Mitchell type. I don't see either of our NTs putting much pressure on QB. Those that can shut down the run AND disrupt the QB are rare imo. I really want a NT to tie up 2-3 blockers every play, if he can collapse the pocket even better. Just don't see Cody or Mitchell doing that.
Again, we don't ask our NT to tie up 2-3 blockers. That's what everyone seems to be stuck on. Wade runs a non-traditional 3-4 where you don't ask your front to take double teams every play. You get big guys who can penetrate and get after the Quarterback.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote