View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I'm not saying his arm strength isn't better, it is, I've seen it, the problem is that too many of his passes are too soft and without confidence.

And Drew Brees throws balls with zip all the time and he's not very tall for a QB.

I like Yates, he just needs to get some confidence and let it fly.

These soft touch passes suck.
You're comparing Drew Brees to a rookie. Drew Brees. A rookie.

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree with you. But, Yates is a rookie thrown into the fire without the benefit of an off-season and who was inactive for the first 10 weeks. The only action he saw was tossing balls to a rehabbing Andre Johnson. I just can't slam the kid's long term potential right now.