View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #49
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't see this at all. Yates has a stronger arm that Schaub and he can and has fit the ball into tighter windows than Schaub.

The problem is when he tries to throw a touch pass like the one he threw to Tate that floated and didn't make it all the way there. That's not a problem with arm strength, that's a problem with a defensive player standing between him and his target and him trying to throw a touch pass. When he tries to finesse a ball in, it floats and doesn't have enough juice on it. But in those cases, he HAD to finesse the ball in because it would have been batted down and possibly intercepted if he hadn't.
I'm not saying his arm strength isn't better, it is, I've seen it, the problem is that too many of his passes are too soft and without confidence.

And Drew Brees throws balls with zip all the time and he's not very tall for a QB.

I like Yates, he just needs to get some confidence and let it fly.

These soft touch passes suck.