View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012   #48
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What happened to Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What happened is exactly what people should have expected to happen. He was an inexperienced rookie that was thrown into the fire and had to play an experienced Ravens team in the playoffs. THe fact that people were predicting SB runs for Yates during the regular season was ridiculous to say the least.

I just hope that people can get off this Yates bandwagon from this point on, because his ceiling is not ever going to be that high. He is not the future of this team. He is capable of probably being a decent QB in this league like a Mark Sanchez/Jake Delhomme/Joe Flacco type at some point, but he's never going to be capable of being an elite level type of passer. I like the guy and respect what he tried to do considering the situation he was thrown in, but I never once saw anything spectacular from this kid.

The Texans need to start looking for Schaub's replacement in the next two seasons in the draft to start grooming for when Schaub is no longer playing at his best level or when another really bad injury occurs. Yates is "not" that guy to be counted on for the future. Hell no.
Great assessment.

I like Yates' raw tool set, but I think with a healthy Matt Schaub at the helm this team wins at Baltimore. I don't think it would hurt at all to have some better secondary receiving options.

Totally agree on Schaub's replacement. I really like what Matt brings to the table for the most part, but I would really love a guy with a little more athleticism and a bigger arm. Is Yates his eventual replacement? To early to tell either way IMO.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote