Re: The 11-7 Mock
OK, now for proper feedback you richly deserve.
1. Everyone on this board seems to be on board with Zeitler, so I don't think anyone is going to ***** too much. He is a solid football player ready to start next level in his career. The Texan front office & coaching staff would have to grade him out a solid middle to late 1st to be selected 26th factoring needs. It will be interesting to see what he actually measures @ the combine, he's built low to the ground, maybe 6-3 & solid 320 to me. Closer to Wade Smith 6-4 310 than Mike Brisiel 6-5 300 who is the free many are not expecting to get a lucrative offer but you just never know? If he does I think taking Kevin Zeitler makes a whole lot of sense here.
2. I like how you set up the pick of Dwight Jones still being on the board because, it always happens to players that you don't expect then give examples. Good rationalization. If Zeitler replaces Brisiel & Dwight, Jacoby Texans won't even skip a beat in fact it's not going too far out on a limb to say they could be better. DJ has a solid, productive resume besides catching some passes from TJ Yates. Would love this pick here if as you say, "There is always some borderline first round pick that drops to the early to mid 20's of the second round".
3. Blake is worth a 3rd round pick & believe he's selected earlier than most people think. Myers is also a free agent so you just never know, but can't imagine Texans losing both players? I really hope they keep both of them which unfortunately nullifies both your 1 & 3 picks, we'll just have to wait, at least this year it will be back to FA business as usual before the draft arrives.
4. Mister Cobble is reportedly, returning to school so there goes another fly sticky on the wall. One sack for 3 yards & 8 solo tackles aren't exactly awe inspiring numbers, not even Okamesque. Will keep eye next year to see how he develops.
5. Marquis Maze looks like a fierce competitor, when he's on the field. Has the kind of speed Texans need, returner is a MUST so I wouldn't wait after the 5th to make sure you lock one down. Played in a big program, under NFL coaching should transfer well to next level. Like this one.
6. Sleeper pick in 6th why wait this long? Anyway looks like a good player very productive fills a need for depth on roster & special teams.
7. Really liked Matt Bosher last year he went late 6th. Isn't Quinn Sharp a Junior? It would really be something if kickers start coming out early. 46 yards a punt & almost 70 yards on kick-offs shows he's got plenty of pop & FG avg of 88% above average accuracy.
2012 Draft was Mercilus