View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Post-Season Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I post this in every mock thread because this never ends...

Why do we need a 'huge' NT? What impression has Wade given that he needs a 335 lb guy in the middle? We just finished 4th in the league in run defense and held Ray Rice to 60 yds on 21 carries in a road playoff game.

Wade seems perfectly content to run with smaller guys (if 300 is small) because that's how he likes to run his front. Why not a guy like Jerel Worthy, who is a much better prospect?

I don't really see NT as an immediate need, unless you're talking about a mid-round prospect for depth.

As for Cliff Harris, I think people overrate his coverage skills because he can return kicks. He has good coverage skills for a guy who also returns kicks, but he is not on the same level as Claiborne IMO. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but he's not on that level when it comes to coverage. He is a ball hawk though.
I've got to agree with Wolverine here. Wade's one gap system relies more on quickness and penetration than just stuffing the line of scrimmage. In the past Wade has always worked with what he has, he does modify his system to fit the talent that he's got to work with so I think he can go either way on the NT issue. I think a guy like Worthy or Brandon Thompson, 2 guys with size and quickness would work well for Wade more so than the huge 2 gap space eaters like Poe or Ta'amu. Josh Chapman is another guy that's big without being huge and strong as an ox that would work in Wade's 1 gap system.

Has anyone actually seen Poe play, in person at the game, on television, or in game internet video? I can't find anything on this guy when I do a Google search. I see lots of interview and weight lifting but no game footage. Could someone please post a link if you've found some game tape of him playing, I'd really like to see what he can do. I can't support a 1st round pick on a player I've never seen play.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote