View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: rmartin65 Post-Season Mock

1. Poe, what I read tells me that he's a good NT prospect but what I see for myself makes me skeptical. He's a junior from a Conference USA school that hasn't faced any kind of elite level competition. He's huge and we all know that it's almost impossible for someone that size to have athletic quickness/agility. We play a 1 gap system that relies on quickness and athleticism to get penetration, we don't run a traditional 2 gap system. He's tall so leverage will be an issue for him against guys who'll be able to stand him up. I've seen no game film on him anywhere. There's no game film on the net that I can find so I can't endorse a 1st round pick spent on a guy that I can't see play. At a time when all the players are filling up YouTube with highlight videos trying to stir up hype about themselves, all I can find on Poe is weightlifting and interviews. That alone sends up a red flag for me.
2. Burfict, I can't see him falling to the late 2nd round. To me he's late 1st round or very early 2nd round. Great value if he is still available.
3. Broyles, he's a good player but it's my opinion that since he won't be able to workout due to injury issues he'll fall farther than you think. This is a very deep WR class, teams will want someone that can play and workout to start learing their system right away, not someone that's already on IR. Why would a team take an injured Broyles here when they can get a healthy Fuller, Criner, Jenkins, etc... All are just as athletic but healthier.
4. Harris, I like him but again don't think he falls this far. If so he's great value but I don't see it happening since CB's are so valued. I think he goes 2nd round.
5. Criner, see #4
6. Godfrey, I don't know anything about him but I like the depth O-line pick.
7. Van Bergen, I don't know anything about him either but I like the added size and competition on the D-line. Probably goes to the practice squad.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote