View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Special Teams Discussion

special teams has been a weak spot for years. joe's someone that we all love and want to succeed, especially here in houston, but we get worse every season. with the abundance of tightends, linebackers, and safeties, we gave joe every asset possible short of daniel manning. our blocking is prehistoric despite rule changes each season, and we have zero creativity in any facet of special teams.

that's not even touching on the kicking side, which while our rookie was outstanding, we have been incredibly bad diagnosing and correcting mistakes and missteps from our kickers and punters. if a drunk layman like me (though i did kick for a short while) is seeing the faults and our staff isnt, there's a problem. much like our "old team", players regress each season ... and it's time to look at a change in my opinion.