View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
1. Dwight Jones WR - I fell in love with this guy after researching TJ Yates when we picked him up last year. Most of Yates' clutch throws his final season at NC went to Jones, and Jones helped make Yates look like a solid quality QB. A bonus is that the system run at NC is similar to our offense so he should step in immediately and produce for us.

2. Derek Wolfe DE/DT - I was originally going to go interior lineman here, but after reading a few things on this kid and watching some tape, I decided to go for him here. Our DLine rotates on a frequent basis, and the more physically dominating beasts we have the better. I think he would come in and instantly be the third best DLineman we'd have and be the first one in on the rotation. Also insurance if Watt or Smith miss any time, and I believe Bulman is a FA this offseason and he might walk for more money.

3. Kevin Zietler OL, I also think he'll be available in the third, might even consider trading up for him. Not picking an interior lineman to replace one of our starters, but for depth and insurance. Right now I think Caldwell is our only solid backup for the interior positions.

4. Doug Martin RB/KR, Coach Joe would love him, He has experiance on kickoff coverage and likes to hit people. He can also be a threat in the Return game and keep D. Manning off of Kick Returns unless we really really need him. As a running back he possesses both the ability to shift his body to reduce contact as a runner(ala Foster) or can plow people over (like Tate), also has decent hands. It's currently unknown whether Ward will stay with us next season but having 4 RB's a good thing. If we selected Martin I'd expect Ward to be deactivated game days and Martin to see mostly special teams.

5-7 BPA, I haven't gone deep enough yet for picks 5-7, so I'll take the cheaters way out and say BPA. Its ok though, I do this every year and just research the guys the Texans take in these rounds anyway, unless we were seriously hurting at specific positions.
I would probably bump Martin to 2nd if you really wanted him, great young player. Texans would have to then trade up for Wolfe/Zietler combo even if that left Texans without anymore picks that would be a solid draft

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote