View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He was BB's pick in the 2nd round of his latest mock. I haven't seen Wolfe play but everything I read on him is very positive, he sounds like he'll make someone a great 3-4 DE. This is a down year for D-line talent as such I think he'll go in the early 2nd round, before we pick. Even if he did fall to us in the 2nd round I think we have bigger issues on the O-line, and NT than a backup DE that will seldomly see the field. Good player pick but we've got bigger issues than DE depth. JMO.

Let me reiterate what mussop said in an earlier post, this is not about getting a "backup DE that will seldomly see the field." This is about getting another high motor guy that can play NT in a rotation with Cody and allow them to move Mitchell to the DE rotation. It's like killing 2 birds with 1 stone .

Cody is listed as 6'4" and 301 lbs and Wolfe is listed as 6'5" and 302 lbs. Mitchell, on the other hand, is listed as 6'3" and 289 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much difference, and Mitchell has been playing well at the NT position, but I think this would give the Texans more flexibility and more options if a NT or DE went down. I hope we can get Wolfe and I wouldn't mind if they had to take him in the 1st either. I think he fits what Wade is looking for in a player. JMO.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote