View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #146
YouGotNgata92
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92 YouGotNgata92
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
You didn't beat THIS Texans team with Andre Johnson though. Need I remind you that last year's team had the worst defense in the league.

The Ravens are 5-0 against the Texans. This is the most widely used argument for saying the Ravens have this one wrapped up in the bag. There is a major problem with this argument...

Ravens/Texans matchups
2002 23-19 Ravens (Our inaugural season but you guys won a dogfight)
2005 16-15 Ravens (5th ranked defense against David Carr led 30th offense)
2008 41-13 Ravens (2nd ranked defense; Lost Matt Schaub the previous game; Sage Rosenfels filled in 1 TD 4 INT need I say more?)
2010 34-28 Ravens (10th ranked defense; Down 21 points came back to force OT)
2011 29-14 Ravens

This argument is irrelevant, because neither teams have the same pieces in the previous games. Of the 5 games Schaub only appeared in 2010 and 2011, but only had Johnson for the MNF game last year. If you don't think Andre Johnson will affect the game, you will be in for a rude awakening on Sunday. I know we don't have Schaub, but this team is the best team we've ever had. So while Schaub is better than Yates, Johnson will be the X-factor that allows us to stay in the game until the end (and possibly pull off the upset).
Why does everyone say "this" team. We've beaten the Texans with Andre before, I don't understand. He's one of the top WRs in the game, we know that. All it takes is pressure on Yates and Andre is nonexistent.
YouGotNgata92 is offline   Reply With Quote