Thread: Next mock up
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #29
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next mock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Guys like Steve Smith are the exception, not the rule. Look around the NFL most WR's are tall and athletic. We're not saying that Wright can't play football in the NFL because of his vertical challenges only that if I have 2 guys of comparable talent levels I'm taking the taller one.

I also wonder what will happen to Wright when the Combine comes around. Every year when players are measured many of them shrink from their publicized height and weight. Lots of 5'11" 200 lbs. guys turn out to be 5'10" and 185 lbs. Are colleges to poor to afford a workable tape measure, to dumb to know how to use it, or just liars?
Most likely lying for pro scouting.

Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin do well despite their size too. Really it comes down to speed, all those guys are burners. If Wright can run in the 4.3-4 range he'll likely find a spot in the first.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote