View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #116
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do Texans fans honestly think they're going to win?

I think after the watching the previous game a few times this week that there are a lot of reasons for the Texans fans to be optimistic. If you see that most of us cite "Texans reasons" for why we will win and don't talk much about the Ravens it's because we know the Texans better. We know where they are in the course of their season and we know where we were back when we played Baltimore before.

To be honest I think this Texans team wins that game. The changes on defense are important. That was our first game without Mario Williams and it was Brooks Reed's first start. We were still getting the wrinkles worked out on that side of the ball and the defense you play Sunday should be much better than the one you saw then.

The offense is a mixed bag.

QB is less experienced but at the same time he's also more mobile than Schaub.

WR's are better than the first game (AJ is back) but there is the change in QB to consider.

RB's weren't particularly effective then but Foster seems to be gaining steam again. The OL is also getting back on track after missing Brisiel for a few weeks. How the run game goes I think will go a long way toward deciding the game.

How the Texans run and how well they protect the ball are enormous points.

The real problem for us is that this game isn't that game. It's later in the year, it will be colder, louder, more intense, and as much as the Texans have changed I imagine so have the Ravens.

I think they can do it. I know there's a lot of reasons why they might not but I think they can anyway.