View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
How many catches does Casey have during the regular season? If it only happens in practice does it really count? (and this isn't a knock on Casey...he just isn't used enough to try to argue that facet of his game as being a deciding factor over what Vonta brings to the table).

Vonta Leach on Sundays is >>>>> than what Casey has brought to the table (or what he's been allowed to bring to the table.)

I wish he was on this team. He was a leader and enforcer on offense and is exponentially worth more than Jacoby Jones, who essentially ended up with his contract.
If it's Vonta vs. Jacoby your arguing, then I concede. Other than the occasional big punt return, J.J. has been most disappointing relative to his contract extension.

I already said Vonta was/is a better lead blocker than Casey; hell, he's the best in the league. But there's no way Leach can get downfield like Casey has. Casey has 4 catches for 20+ yds (one being a 62-yd bomb) to his credit this year. That's pretty dang good for a part-time FB. No way does Vonta do that. In fact, Leach's total reception yardage is 69 yds from 15 catches - his longest being 11 yds.

I readily admit there have been times I've really missed having that hammer leading the way for Foster/Tate. But there's something to be said for a FB that can get open and beat the LB that's covering him deep.

And the fact that Casey isn't used more often is on Dennison/Kubiak. They call the plays.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote