View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'll tell you what I don't like in this game...

Myers and a weakened Briesel vs Ngata.

IF Yates gets rattled... I think this matchup is why. Myers has always struggled strength-wise against the premiere NTs including Ngata. Briesel is still recovering from his injury so I'd expect him to be slowed down some.
The Ravens use a mix of a 3 and 4-man front (sometimes two, sometimes five or six).

Gnata played everywhere along the line.

In the 08 game, he lined up outside Winston (in a 6-man goal-line stand) but then dropped back and made an INT in the endzone.
He beat Brisiel with a swim move as a 34-DE to force a bad throw by Rosenfels (INT).

Last year, he jumped over D.Brown to bat down a pass to Foster.
He beat Myers to get to Schaub on another play (Myers might have expected help from Caldwell).

Depending on the play and the protection call, we just have to double-team him here and there.
For example, in the earlier game this season, we had a triple-team on him once with Winston, Dreessen and Graham.

(Similarly, I've seen Mario getting a triple team once in a long while as well.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote