View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

Ravens' Leach: 'It's really just another game'

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogal...t-another-game

Preston: Leach best free-agent acquisition in Ravens history
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...5711901.column

Quote:
Ravens fullback Vonta Leach has several nicknames like "The Hammer," "Coke Machine" and "Sweet Feet," but he already has made a name for himself as one of the best free-agent acquisitions in team history.

Only tight end Shannon Sharpe in 2000 made such an immediate impact as a free-agent signee on a Ravens list that includes safety Rod Woodson, receiver Derrick Mason, defensive tackle Sam Adams and defensive end Michael McCrary, who is in the team’s Ring of Honor.

But old "Sweet Feet" has brought instant success and helped running back Ray Rice, who tweeted on the day the Ravens signed Leach, "Let the fun begin," have one of his best seasons.

Since the off season when Leach signed a three-year deal worth $11 million, the Ravens have rushed for 1,996 yards with Rice gaining 1,364 on 291 carries. During the first half of this season, offensive coordinator Cam Cameron toyed with the idea of trying to make quarterback Joe Flacco the centerpiece of the offense.

But in the second half , the Ravens turned to Rice, who then turned to his 6-foot, 255-pound body guard, Mr. Leach.
I always liked Vonta.

The Highwaymen

Last edited by Heath Shuler; 01-12-2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: add stuff
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote