Thread: Next mock up
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #19
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next mock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
First of all I want to start off by saying I don't know much about NFL prospects except for the big named ones like Luck, RGIII, etc. I do agree that we need another playmaker next to AJ, but I see us signing a free agent rather than drafting one high. Rookie receivers are not really reliable no matter how talented they are. I'm not against drafting a receiver high, but I don't think they will. I'd like to see the Texans pursue a guy like Jerome Simpson of the Bengals who is just a playmaker who'll learn playing next to a All-Pro like AJ.
I had the same opinion on WR position not too long ago. However, we got key FAs to resign and our money will be really tied up and may not able to go after WR FA I think. It will be nice to pick up talent like Simpson who can hurdle and flipping over defender (Amazing athleticism) with good hands and proven veteran.

I don't know how Texans' FA players situation turns out for us. Just say if we decided resign Dreessen, I think odd man out would be Walter. I believe Casey can fill the role (I am not cap guy but should save some money). However, all the money saved by letting go Walter will likely to go to Dreessen resigning. Our money will be still tied up.

I don't know how it's going to turn out for us as you can see there's so many ifs. In my opinion, our WR position after AJ is up for grabs and would like to see a heavy competition next year. Hope, Maehl and Jean do well in WR competiion (I kinda high on both)

So all in all, finding WR in the draft is the way to go IMO. Of course, it will be nice if we can find reasonable priced #2WR in FA market but, I just have a hard time convincing myself this will happen. But again, we will never know how Texans' FA situation will be and it is all depends on how much we spend on our own FAs first.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote