View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #45
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Say the Texans win and the Broncos lose.....it will still be non stop Tebowing on ESPN. It won't just end like that.

I agree, they have become TMZ and they know fans are tired of it so they even say now flat out on Sports Center to "deal with it" as they put on more Tebow coverage.

Complete joke.
I explained the Tebow thing somewhere. Remember when he was in the Natl Chip and they kept touting him as the next great thing, NFL ready in fact?? Wellllll, he wasn't so NFL ready, in fact last year, he wasn't even practice squad ready. The talking heads felt that they were let down, but they were silent...they waited, then, all of a sudden, BAM! We was right yo! Tebow's da man! woot woot. In all reality, Tebow may turn out to be a decent to above average QB. I think the thing about Tebow, is that his very public Christianity, which I admire in a Christian, has kind of awoke many within the nation, and they want to hear more. Kind of a, "What can God do for Tebow". "Can that change my life, or even America?"

You have to understand the context of human thought and emotion. Now, does God really care about the outcome of a football game, maybe, maybe not. But that is why America is tuning in, that is why they are reporting it. People want hope in a country that is going downhill fast. That's why we lose ourselves in football, in some other activity. This way, we don't have to think about what's going on with the government taking more and more rights away by the day. How many folks have relatives and friends over seas. There is a lot going on, So God and Tebow are a big story. So what? Why is that so important in your life. Are you more mad about the Texans not being shown, or the fact that every time you turn around, a man that symbolizes God is being thrown in your face, and somewhere, from the bottom of your soul, it makes you feel guilty, or angry because of that. I don't know, I'm not a licensed professional, but I thought I'd take a stab at it.

I was being very general here too, not necessarily attacking you Htown2ATX