View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #42
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
You left out all the Jets and Cowboys coverage. Even though THEY'RE NOT IN THE ****ING PLAYOFFS. They're not even playing and they get talked about nonstop.
It's because we're not flashy. We don't have a ridiculous owner, a loudmouth coach, or a player that's been to jail or suspended this season. Let's just keep quietly winning. Now, Kyle Lowry on the Rox just got arrested a bit ago in LV for Assault right after the west coast road trip. Maybe they'll talk about that!!

See, thing is, do you really want the Texans on the news because our QB is married to a super model, or one of our WR's just shot himself in the foot? Or because our coach is a loudmouth idiot. I mean, I wouldn't mind more covereage on Arian and his Poetry. Andre and all the stuff he does for the community, Meco too. Unfortunately, the world no longer cares about good sumeritans, and studied intelligent people. They care about adversity, chaos and disrespect. Feed me, Seymour, feed me. Like little shop of horrors, the plant wanted to eat the bad folks, well people now just want the crappy news.

Is that really true though? I don't think so, that's why I don't watch the news, or that Jersey Shore crap or ESPN. I create my own news. I come to Texans talk and read the Articles that Texans fans have sifted through about my team, the videos they have posted and I'm good with that. I could care less what some "analyst" thinks about my Texans.

I know my Texans, and it's because of places llike Texanstalk that I know them even better. All the idiots that thought we were going to lay an egg against the Bengals... come on man. No Dre, No Brisiel for the losing streak, no Wade Phillips, I know better. Brisiel makes a hell of a difference on that line don't he??! I told em. Let's go into B'more and shock the nation. They won't even see it coming.