View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #153
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
HoustonRaven I have a question for you. On the Mighty Gwinnett show on 790AM here in town, the host Dylan Gwinn really ragged on your hometown saying its the skid mark of the US and the only things there are crab cakes and strip clubs. The host was born and raised in D.C.

I was just wondering if there was a Dallas-Houston type of rivalry where the people in each city hate the other town. Also, do Ravens fans dislike the Redskins like we dislike the Cowboys even though we rarely play them.
Yes and Yes.

People from the DC area do not like us folks from Baltimore. It's unfortunate that he has characterized Baltimore that way. I grew up in and around Baltimore and that's nothing close to the city I know.

IMO, it stems from sports mostly. Both cities are football towns, one city has fallen so far from grace, it's become a joke in NFL circles. The other is a well run organization that has a history of winning in their short life. Redskins fans have far more hostility than Ravens fans have towards them.

I'd say it is very much like the Dallas - Houston rivalry on many levels.
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote