View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network No Huddle says Yates Will Be Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntRavenFan View Post
I don't recall saying he suddenly woke up an "Elite" QB.

His numbers dipped this year. Absolutely.

By the numbers I guess that makes him more consistent than he's give credit for?

By comparison he's no worse than Brady or Brees in their first 4 years (5 years for Brees if you consider he didn't start his rookie year).

I said he had the lowest # of sacks in his 4 years. 31 is less than 32 which was his rookie year. I attibuted this to the O-Line being better, not Joe suddenly becoming the second coming of Cam Newton and rushing for 700 yards or something or Becoming Brees and throwing for 5000+ yards.
If you are going to use number of sacks as a gauge for the strength of your o-line, and the difference is negligible, then what's the point? Say what you want about the pass protection, but the fact is Flacco has taken a step back in an unprecedented year where many other QBs have taken advantage of defenses. He had 50+ more attempts this year, yet his QBR is down 13 points, his average yards per pass is down .7, his completion rate is down 5% and his passing yards stayed the same. He also lost 6 fumbles this year, the most in his career. This while playing for a team that went 12-4 and often had the lead in most games. That to me means either the QB himself is making poor decisions or he's under pressure a lot.

Coincidentally, Andy Dalton was only sacked 24 times throughout 2011. In our playoff game we sacked him 4 times, had 3 INTs and forced 1 fumbled (recovered by the Bengals).
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote