View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #35
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans shown love on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
I think some people don't get what fans are complaining about.. Most Texans fans aren't complaining that no one in the media respects their story and how they got to this point, or that no one has anything good to say about them and no one ever picks them to win...most fans are complaining about the amount of coverage...

When the Texans clinched the division in Cincy on that awesome two-minute drill drive and last second TD, they showed like two plays in the highlights... But we saw about 30 from Tebow, good and bad... Top 10 plays? You'd think TJ hooking up with WalterS would have made it, but it didn't... Mostly it's the coverage most fans that complain are complaining about...

Me personally, I'm not that bothered by it, but I'd still like to see more national coverage because I'm a fan! Being a fan isn't just about watching the games, it's about indulging in everything "Your Team"... You want the games, the merch, the highlights and to see the national media cover your team, esspecially when they just went 80 yards in two minutes with a rookie QB making his second start, to win a 7th straight game and clinch the first ever playoff appearance for the franchise... So quit being hardasses and understand: these people are being fans...
I think you may have softened my heart there a little, and I felt a tear well up in my eye. Haha, I get why people are upset, but I don't think they should let it upset them. I can come here to Ttalk for highlights, fan perspective, I got merchandise, thanks to little 7 y/o Chinese kids. When it comes down to it, Go Texans!! no matter who's rooting! It's fun now, but I think people are forward thinking. Nothing irritates me more than when someone I KNOW for a fact was rooting for another squad, then becomes a fan of the Texans, then the Texans lose, and they talk trash about how "my team" sucks. Um, weren't you just rooting with me 2 months ago? That's, I believe, what irritates people. That and most of my posts!