Thread: Next mock up
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next mock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
badboy, I agree with your 1st rd by position but, would like to see a bigger WR than Wright. Like wolf mentioned, Kubiak seems to prefer taller WR. 2nd rd, I prefer G and 3rd, ILB. We were really short handed in both G and ILB position this year and I feel we need to find quality back up that able to start when needed. Prior to this season, I wanted NT at 1st rd however, after watching regular season games, I think we are OK with Cody and Mitchell for now. Perhaps to look NT in the later rounds? What do you think?
Thanks for comments as always everyone's opinions are considered and help me re-think positions. I think 2 very similar WRs with speed close, I'd go with taller as Wolfe said. I have watched most of the WRs of note and only two I'd take in late first. I have advocated Jones but just think Wright is a better player. It would have helped if Jones had more opportunities to show his stuff. I think he will be a very good steady player. Wright could be a HOF guy. It is hard to describe but he plays taller than he is. On one mock I had Wright in first and Dwight Jones in 2nd but OG was glaring at me. So I tagged Zeitler. My board (as will others) will fluctuate as more info comes in.

Notes:

Michael FLoyd if avail would be the guy without his drinking issues. I might overlook that but McNair? *Floyd has no issue this past season.

Sanu another bigger faster player never stood out to me when I watched him. Others disagree. I want an electrifying guy that will push the defense to account for him every play. Same problem I had with Jeff Fuller who I also mocked early. Coryell Judie (A&M CB)did not progress & I'm not sure if firing SHerman will fix issues.

In first round, only Blackmon, Wright and D. Jones would get my pick (& Floyd if Bob said ok). Jordan White just blew me away when I finally got to watch him.
McNutt's last game left me frustrated & wanting more from him.