View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012   #135
HoustonRaven
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonRaven is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roll call of those going up to Baltimore

Hello Texans Fans!

First, let me say I am enjoying the boards. You guys here seem like top notch fans. Well Done!

I am a transplant, having grown up in Baltimore and moved to Houston 6 years ago. I have adopted the Texans as my "second team" and had it not been for my Ravens being in your way, I'd be rooting for them right along side you.

If I may, I wanted to give you folks some advice when you make your trip to Baltimore.

1. Get ready to walk. There is a reason it's nicknamed Smalltimore. It's not like in Houston where going to the next neighborhood requires a 10-15 minute drive. Everything is within walking distance, or a very short cab ride.

2. Speaking of cabs, stick to Yellow Cab if at all possible. The city of Baltimore does a poor job with the cab enforcement. Yellow Cab does a good job policing themselves. The other cab companies will try and gouge you (not turning on meter, haggling a price, try and charge add-ons, etc) so be careful.

3. Avoid Harborplace (and Powerplant). If being a tourist is your thing and you're looking for the Gallery, only smaller and next to the water, then I suppose this is your place. It is possible to get a feel of the city and it's in the surrounding neighborhoods -- Fells Point (my old home and personal favorite), Canton, Federal Hill, Little Italy -- these are the places you want to explore if you want great food, a fun atmosphere, etc. I read some of you are going to meet up at Powerplant. Meh. You should expect popped collars, dudes wearing smedium Affliction shirts and very few over the age of 25. Maybe it's a good spot to meet, but go a few blocks south and east and you're in Fells Point.

4. If the weather says it's 40 that day, plan on it feeling like 30-35. The city sits next to a body of water that whips up the wind. Also, most of the stadium sits in the shade for most of the game.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! I am making the trip as well and cannot wait for Sunday!
HoustonRaven is offline   Reply With Quote