Thread: Next mock up
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next mock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Understand we disagree on WRs. We have tried JJ 6'2"and Bryant Johnson 6'3" with minimal success. I want speed and good hands. Both White and Wright weave thru heavy traffic and get the ball. The yards and ypc are awesome. As far as Red Zone, I want it to go to AJ or Daniels or Dreesen.

Vickers signed a one year deal. Diehl is one dimensional as I said but that is like saying a brain surgeon can only do brain surgery, well yeah.

Without using "systems QB" tell me why you think Keenum can't play NFL.

There were several players that I had to remove from my boards as they moved up.
I'm not say height is the only factor important to a WR, you know that. JJ and B. Johnson don't run very good routes, or have great hands so they're not successful and don't have the quick speed to gain separation. If I've got 2 WR's that can do everything well then I'm taking the taller of the 2. Height is one advantage that most WR's have over CB's and I don't want to give up that advantage. Also CB's in the NFL are getting taller and stronger as well, short skinny guys will have trouble running their routes with physical CB's jamming them at the line or re-routing them.

As for Diehl, Kubiak has made it known that he doesn't like a one trick pony. I'd sign Diehl as an UDFA and give him a tryout in camp but roster positions are precious so teams don't like a guy that can only do one thing well especially a rookie.

I still think we can get Zeitler in the 2nd round. I've seen some mocks with him in the 3rd and 4th rounds though the 4th round sounds crazy. I'm keeping him on my mock in the 2nd, I just wish there were some way to get him and Chapman in the 2nd round.

My feelings on Keenum are hard to quantify. He's short, he's a system QB, never faced high level talent in Conference USA, he took 6 yrs. to do what most guys do in 3 or 4 yrs.. I think he has the capability to be a decent game managing backup QB who's smart and won't turn over the ball but isn't going to carry a team to or through the playoffs. I don't see starter potential in him. I wish him the best and hope that he has the work ethic and can prove me wrong. I'd love to look back and say I was wrong on that guy.

I also think Leinart will be a roster cut next year, to expensive for the 3rd string. I was hoping he could showcase his talent and we could get something good for him in trade, right now I'd take 2 hot cheerleader with implants and a groundskeeper with a new riding mower for him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote