Thread: Next mock up
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next mock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
All looks good to me, but why do you want to replace Wade Smith? He's under contract for another year or two, Brisiel is going to be a free agent, and I always thought Mike was the lesser of the two guards.
My believe is we don't have any starter other than WR2 that will be replace next season by a draft pick. Smith is weakest link on Oline imo so I draft a OG that will eventually replace him. It says something that we are now able to add quality depth and begin to release players end of bench.

Brisiel is 28 and comes with the heart that Kubiak loves. Just this year he returned after one play on an ankle sprain. He later broke his leg and played quite a while on it (until half time IIRC) then returned to team after couple games. I really wanted Zeitler for right side but he will be gone before we select. I think your opinion of Mike being lesser of two OG is not the opinion of management.
I think Wade will start at least one more season and Brisiel will be re-signed.