View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Updated Mock with trade Back:

I like Wright in the first, but I think he is going to slip some simply because of his size. Wright is my guy, but I think Sanu and Alshon could go ahead of him pushing Wright somewhere to the top of the second. Either way I think Sanu, Alshon or Wright would be available there, so I'm going to trade out of the first completely.

I'll pick up a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th.

I'm trading ou of the 1st round and picking up

2) Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor (or insert best available WR)

Exactly the type of receiver we need and do not have. Would be an excellent slot guy that would kill teams when they try to blitz of the edge. Can also stretch the field...Is just an overall talented player.

2) Josh Chapman, NT, Bama

Allows Earl to play some Spot duty DE. Big guy, but moves well. Solid and hard to move.

3) Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisc

I think he will be available here. I know a lot of people don't, but last year, if I'm not mistaken, only 4 gaurds went in the top three rounds. CBS sports currently has him ranked as the 5th best guard. IF he makes it to us here in the third, he'd be my guy...But really, even if I had to trade up a few spots to get him I'd make it happen.

4) Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincy

This guy is a beast. Plain and simple. Great speed, vision and toughness. He fits this system perfectly and is an excellent cutback runner. RB position has a lot of injuries and I'd let Ward walk or bring him back and compete to be the fourth RB on the roster.

4) George Iloka, FS Boise State

Upgrades the talent in the secondary. Big guy and runs well. I actually coached this guy and he played with my brother in little league. I could tell that he was going to be a good athlete, but he has gone on to do very well for himself. Has a lot of playing experience in college, played some WR in highschool...Good all around athlete and a very good kid from what I remember. Good parents as well. Went to kempner highschool in Sugarland.

5) Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly

Athletic Talented small school corner. Has played a lot of football. Not afraid of contact, willing tackler. Good ball skills.

6) Chris Gallipo, ILB, USC

I've mocked him before. I think he will be available here. Would be excellent depth at the ILB position and would provide good competition for guys to make the team. Good solid football player with good size and athleticism.

6) Ryan Miller, OG, Colarado State (6'8"...Can probably also play some tackle)

I've mocked this guy before too. I really like him as a run blocker. Despite his size he has good leverage and is very powerful. Comes from Colarado state so that's a plus too. He's 6'8" and could maybe play some tackle if needed.

7) Jeff Demps, RB, Florida

I'm a value guy and I think that all these guys are great value and address needs if they are available. Returner that can actually play some in offensive sets. Would battle to make the roster as a fourth RB.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote