Thread: O-line time?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-line time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Carl Nicks is the guy you're talking about. I think he may get away from the Saints in FA due to cap issues. They just gave a great deal to Jahri Evans this past offseason and they need to give Drew Brees a new deal (or at least franchise him) and Marques Colston. Check out the details on Evans' deal:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3933/jahri-evans

I don't see Nicks getting much less than that in free agency, unless he gets injured in the next few weeks. Both are thought to be two of the top 8 or so guards in the league and Nicks is almost 2 years younger than Evans. Evans was playing on an RFA deal this year for 2.6 million, so I would expect him to want a HUGE payday in free agency this year. Would love to get him, but I just don't see where we get the money for him without letting Mario go. Myers is going to cost some cash too. I believe Brisiel is also scheduled to be a free agent this year, but I bet we could sign him for cheap. I would love to keep him for depth.
Thanks for info, I was looking at about $5m for Nicks but oh, well.