View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012   #31
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The reasons Wade will remain in houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
My attitude about Wade has now changed because I no longer think of him as this benevolent ole guy who wants only the best for the Texans. Now he's clearly an opportunist, a self-promoter who very easily could have said lets wait until the Texans' post-season is over before we start talking about any ambitions I might have in the future.
This is not to take anything away from his ability as an NFL DC, which is extraordinary. But clearly Wade is like most everybody else in the NFL - he's in it for #1.
Hard to argue your point. However, I'd like for him to stick around as we can see what an impact he's had (especially evident during his two games missed). Personally I think TB will hire Mike Sherman anyway. Not sure who else will look at Wade. Hopefully the Texans playoff run keeps going so teams fill their HC vacancies before he is truly available.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote