View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Players make Big Plays in Big Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I watched that play again three times shortly after the flag was thrown and, despite the bad camera angle, you can see Antonio spearing either Lee or a Bengal lineman on the ground because he thought there was a scrum for the football. Unfortunately, the refs had clearly blown the whistle and there was no fumble at all. I don't know what he was doing but it wasn't smart football.
I realize that the Bengal was down by contact. But, there was a loose ball, and the refs generally let contact after the whistle go in instances of loose balls. Without the benefit of replay, I thought the call was weak.

Having said that, Smith has lost his poise at times this year. At Baltimore comes to mind. He does need to keep his composure in this game, because the Ravens will try to exploit that. But, Smith's intensity has been infectious throughout the season and is a big reason the Texans are in the 2nd round of the playoffs.