Thread: O-line time?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-line time?

It's so funny to hear some of these names come up again once discussed as draft prospects now highly sought after free agents....

Nicks was not that highly rated coming out of Nebraska. He had some off field issues, remember some ugly whiffs during Senior Bowl week but he possessed a nasty streak that I liked. I graded him out in the 3rd rd. surprised he slipped all to the 5th. Too bad Texans didn't take him instead of Okam in the 5th.

Jahri Evans was no big lock to make it either coming out of small school Bloomsburg. Similar grade to Nicks, this time taken in the 4th rd.

The one thing both players have in common is Aaron Kromer OL coach, both players have really developed & accelerated their skill sets under him. Same can be said when Alex Gibbs came to the Texans that's when they turned it around. He told Rick to get (trade for) Myers & sign free agent Wade Smith.

There is an OL prospect in this draft who the Texans will select. Several good ones to look @ early & in the middle rounds. Seems like they may just wait until late, to develop over time, working them into back-up roles. I just can't convince myself to take one early who would replace anyone we have currently starting

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote