Thread: O-line time?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O-line time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If Williams signs a cap friendly contract could we be interested in the young Saints OG?
Carl Nicks is the guy you're talking about. I think he may get away from the Saints in FA due to cap issues. They just gave a great deal to Jahri Evans this past offseason and they need to give Drew Brees a new deal (or at least franchise him) and Marques Colston. Check out the details on Evans' deal:

Quote:
Saints agreed to terms with RG Jahri Evans on a seven-year, $56.7 million contract.
Averaging $8.1 million annually, the deal makes Evans the richest guard in NFL history. A four-year starter without a single missed game in his career, Evans earned first-team All-Pro honors in 2009. According to Pro Football Focus' metrics, he was the league's best all-around guard and No. 2 run-blocking interior lineman, behind only Jets C Nick Mangold. The new contract puts Evans under control through his age-34 season. Guards have lengthy shelf lives, so it looks to be a worthwhile investment for both sides.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3933/jahri-evans

I don't see Nicks getting much less than that in free agency, unless he gets injured in the next few weeks. Both are thought to be two of the top 8 or so guards in the league and Nicks is almost 2 years younger than Evans. Evans was playing on an RFA deal this year for 2.6 million, so I would expect him to want a HUGE payday in free agency this year. Would love to get him, but I just don't see where we get the money for him without letting Mario go. Myers is going to cost some cash too. I believe Brisiel is also scheduled to be a free agent this year, but I bet we could sign him for cheap. I would love to keep him for depth.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote