View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
Its taken some time, but I have trained her well. Since we have started dating, she has gone from not watching games, to watching them (but only for me), to actually paying attention to the game to enjoying them.

It was the same thing with the NBA (I am a spurs fan). She used to go to games with me and never watch the game. Refused to watch it on TV. End of last season, I come downstairs and shes got the game on alone screaming at the TV when we take a bad shot. I was like man, I trained her so well...
Ahh, that's cool, man! Many females are not so trainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Your enthusiasm makes me want to purchase tickets for the game DB. Hope you and your son have an awsome time. If you haven't told him yet, maybe you should wait until that morning and surprise him.
Thanks, Tex! You should take the leap! This is the moment for the franchise, and it is this kind of game and more specifically, this kind of dominant defense, where a true 12th man can provide the edge of homefield advantage. I want to be a part of that, part of the mass of fans who are united in a single cause of supporting our team and disrupting the opposing team's gameplan.

I learned long ago that good crowds cannot make bad defenses good. But, when you take a great defense and add a rabid crowd, things get elevated. Our players get pumped and feed off of it. The other team can get rattled into making mistakes, which feeds the fans. It's a beautiful thing, man, and something that I just could not resist.

I did tell my boy. I wanted him to look forward to it and be as excited as I am. And he is. Little guy is still in a state of shock that his ol' man pulled the trigger. He understands the value of money - specifically that I could have bought a PS3, like he stated - but I told him this is about the experience, about the memories of something he will remember for the rest of his life. We can always save up funds for a game console. You can't always just go to an NFL playoff game, especially our team's first in it's history. No matter the outcome, that's something special to be a part of, just like 19-10 in the beginning.

LOUD, PROUD, AND TEXAN!!!