View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre-Playoff Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Jackson, if he has the size, athleticism, potential, and work ethic to become a starter in a couple years then I don't mind the pick so much. If he has all these traits then surely other teams see this as well and would take him sooner since CB is such a coveted position. If he has all this and only falls because of small school status then he's a good pick in the 6th.

Demps, I won't argue that he's got more football potential than Holiday has but that ain't hard to do as a true position player. I don't see the Texans going with a small, fast, change up RB. If anything I think they'd go with a bigger bruising RB like Derrick Ward. In this role I like Marc Tyler.

Wright, again I'm not denying his greatness as a football player, I just don't see him being a fit for the Texans. We don't need a deep field sprinter to stretch the field. We don't throw the low percentage deep ball much anyway since Schaub doesn't have that kind of arm and we throw mostly short - medium high percentage routes. Due to Wrights lack of size I could see him getting killed on a crossing route over the middle by a SS like Pollard or FS like Reed.
6151, I have to disagree with you on Wright as he is exactly what Texans need. A WR with that kind of speed and hands forces a DC to account for him and pulls double team off AJ. Wright is deadly within 20-30 yards and catches well in traffic if he does not blow thru said traffic. His YAC is 15! We don't throw the deep ball much as we haven't had a WR that can get deep, beat coverage and catch ball. AJ's return allows that. Schaub hit AJ and one of the TEs for 40 or 45 I believe.