View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012   #17
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter King playoff prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We held their offense to five FG attempts. Not our fault if those attempts go through. Then on their first TD they got help from an uncalled penalty and two BS personal fouls in a row on Antonio Smith. Then they got a rushing TD in the 4th, after our D had been worn down due to no Andre and not being able to keep the offense on the field. We shut down Ray Rice for three quarters up until the 4th. Contrary to you thinking our offense helped control TOP, we lost that battle in that game. Again, not surprising considering no Andre led to them stacking the box every time out. Not to mention we were getting used to playing without Mario.

Don't go based off numbers. Perhaps you should watch games instead.
I did watch the game, actually rewatched it this week along with the Cincy game. We played decent football for 39 minutes. Baltimore beat us. They hung 29 points on us. They shutdown our run game (our main strength). They had a 100 yard rusher and Boldin torched us for 129 yards. We had a ton of trouble scoring on their defense and they took over and finished out the game like good teams do. Yes we had a few sacks and forced some turnovers, but they were a better team than us with our first string quarterback and no AJ, they're still better than us with a third string quarterback and AJ.

So yes, all of my response is actually watching the game, not simply being a blind homer. I love my Texans and root like crazy for them. I'm also able to watch games and understand what's actually happening versus rationalizing and excusing certain things when they beat us by 15 points.