View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm so freakin' stoked! I'm going to the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Killer! You have been on my mind as of late on how you were dealing with the mental twister of first playoff game, budget and access to tickets.

The Bulls are aligning. Reliant is better when you are there.
Thanks, man! I was torn between wanting to go with all my being, but not wanting my son to be at home watching the game alone. So this is the best of all worlds, including one of my oldest friends and fellow fanatic with Jungle Bob.

My boy had a hard time getting to sleep last night because he's so excited. And that's what it's all about. Experiences and memories that last a lifetime. The money was gifted to me, so my only regret would be to not use it for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's great, DB! Hope to see you there.
Thanks, Lucky! I hope to see you there, as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Good Deal DB! Wish I could make it.

My wife just asked if I wanted to take my son to see Monster Trucks Saturday at 2 p.m. She looked really confused when I said I couldn't make it this time...until she remembered my game is on Saturday (She's a Steelers fan and they play Sunday). Long story short I'll be watching the game on Saturday and I'll be taking my boy to see the Trucks in Baltimore in March.
My sister moved to New Jersey a couple of years ago with her daughters, and I'm sure it's killing her to not have a chance to go to the game, as well. She's widowed now, but her husband was a huge Texans fans with a gigantic logo painted in their house. He was building a Texans room when he got sick, and is buried in his jersey. I plan to get her an AFCS Championship shirt soon, so at least she can have a great reminder of this season.

I'll be at the monster truck show at Reliant the next weekend...unless, of course, the Texans win this weekend and their game conflicts with the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
good job... you inspired me to do the same. Got 2 at $120. My wife turned 30 today so I used that as an excuse to use $ I don't have. I haven't been back to a game since '08 so I am pumped!

Close family friends of mine are taking us, and they are yellow lot tailgaters. That means for the first time(27 games) I will not be partying down in the platinum/blue lot. Makes me sad in a way, because I'd love to be there again parked next to Raging Bull, drinking beer with Brock and gang at St. Arnold's, and of course hanging with the blue crew... but just being at the game is good enough.
Right on, man!!!

Sometimes you just have to disregard things and make the jump. You can never regret great memories, and this Saturday will certainly shape up to be one of them regardless of outcome. Glad you are making the trip!