View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demps - wow what a bad game

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do we expect to not give up any passing yards? 2 for 20? 3 for 65?

I watched the other games Sunday, the Cowboys would have loved it if there worse corner gave up 3 for 65 & so would many other teams.

Grass is green, water is wet, WRs catch balls.
It was a good pass and a good catch on that long bomb.
It was decent coverage, but I do think that KJ needs to do better on that play.
He was in phase, I'd have liked to see him running the receiver's route.
All in the learning curve, but yeah, I do think it would have been better if he can be more pro-active on certain situation, like this one.
The game is played in inches and fractions of a second.
You want to make it count. Beat your opponent to the punch, as Madden loves to say.

(Note that KJ did put a hurt on the receiver, letting him know that yeah you got me, but I'm still here. You're going to earn it.)

Surely and certainly, Jackson still needs to improve.
But before some of you guys start piling on him again, I need to let you know - in case you haven't read LZ's blog recently - that his view regarding Allen/Jackson has taken a turn.

...Jason Allen makes mistakes and he also makes plays. He can drive you crazy on one play and then turn the offense over on the next. Hes not consistent enough to be a starter on a good playoff team, but he is quality depth for the Texans....

Duh, that was the whole point, and I give LanceZ kudo for being a good sport in realizing that his prognosis was off. (In case you don't know, Lance put the case for Allen to be the starter during the off-season.)

Now, you can read into the part where he talks about KJ however you like;
I will refrain from commenting.

(I've always said that Lance has good football knowledge, but I do disagree with him on certain takes from time to time.)

To the poster who said he would take LanceZ's words above my thousands of screenshots, hey, perhaps you want to reconsider it now!?!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote