Thread: The 10-6 Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 10-6 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
While the Texans OL has been good, I don't think it has been as good as people think. When the Offense has faced stout DLs, the offense has had difficulty. Look at Baltimore, Pitt, and Oakland. The team scored 20 points or less and even struggled against Miami. Then with a rook QB and no AJ, they struggled against Atl and Cincy. To compete for championships, the O line has to get better and be able to move and score tds against the best Defenses. Adding two very good OL to just that.
Like I said , I wouldnt mind using two of the top three picks on the OL , just not #'s 1 and 2 consecutively.
I really dont see them drafting an OT to replace Winston .... He's had a few forgettable moments but has been solid for the most part , especially run blocking.
I can see taking an OG ....

Quote:
WR is a concern, but OL is a bigger one in my mind. I actually see the Texans getting a pretty good receiver in FA.

This team is going to be cash strapped trying to fit their current players in under tha cap and will likely have to make some surprise cuts (Leinart, J.Jones) to get it done.
What FA WR's would be available that would come at a price allowing them some room under the cap?

Quote:
And he tore his ACL which usually requires 7-9 months to be ready to go. Surgery was in mid November so he will be ready to go by July or September, so he will not be running at the combine or his pro day. That said, I would take a chance on him. He has been a very dependable receiver at OU and has never had major injury concerns before.
With a window of July to Sept I have to wonder if he (Broyles) might drop further than the 3rd round. Not being able to step on the field until Sept .... He may not contribute at all next season. That could really push him down ... to round 4 or even 5?
If he hadnt gotten hurt he was easily a late first round talent .... Just dont know where he ends up.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote