View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012   #77
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I'm not a Leinart fan by any means... but lets be fair. He didn't do so poorly when he was in. He played 7 drives before he got hurt. If Delhomme was to be judged by his first 7 drives only, we'd be looking at three 3 & outs, a fumble for a turnover, and three field goals. Not exactly screaming for Delhomme to get the nod over Leinart.
i disagree. He basically was checkdown charlie the whole time he was in (remind you of anyone??). On the TD pass,He didn't even look like he wanted to throw it b/c, if i remember it correctly, he kind of half pump-faked it before lobing it up there...In all seriousness it probably should've been picked if not for Dreesen.

He just looked tentative. And as i said in my previous post, for a guy to look like that having been in the offense now for a year...that doesn't bode well for him. That excuse can be used for TJ b/c he's a rook seeing his 1st NFL action ever...but it doesn't work for a guy 4-5 years in who was once a starter in this league.

If you can, go back & watch ML & TJ's performance in the jags game. Pay close attention to when TJ 1st gets in the game right before the half & before Kubes shut it down. There's a stark difference in how each of those guys looked. TJ came in & looked way more comfy & in general threw the ball with conviction & when he was asked to throw it. Delhomme looked the same way when he came in behind TJ in the titans game. ML just doesn't have it imo.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote