View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012   #76
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: TJ Yates or Delhomme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Daylight come and me want Delhomme.

Not even close. I wasn't rooting for a Matt Leinart injury, but let's just say that but by the time he had played awhile in that Jags game and got drilled into the field...it was time to say goodbye to the Leinart era here. Seriously.

The guy was soooooo slow with everything. Supposedly, he had been working A LOT on his footwork. I didn't see it; he was laboriously slogging back on his drop backs. His throwing motion looked half-speed. I mean, Yates came in and the ball is out of his hand and on its way...he can scramble and get yards.

Delhomme might not want to come back. I don't have proof, but it just doesn't seem he wants to be 3rd QB. Neither will Garcia. Just have a hunch that they both won't want to come back as 3rd QB, maybe not even as 2nd QB.
I don't think you can judge Leinart off of one half of football where he made a ton of completions and threw a nice TD pass. He played just fine in the sample that we saw of him. Is he slow?? Sure he is, but not any slower than Matt Schaub who we have done just fine with. Matt Schaub is slow running the ball, has a slow release, and throws balls that float with hardly any zip. Pretty similar to Leinart. Neither of these guys should be the starter for the Texans, but I don't see how Leinart getting hurt means his era should end or that Yates should be higher than him on the depth chart. Yates hasn't proven anything other than the fact that he couldn't put up jack as far as points go in the 3 to 4 games he got the chance to play. Sure, Kubiak held him back some and he did get the last minute drive which was impressive, but he didn't do anything to substantially say that he should be higher on the depth chart than Leinart next season without having to out play him first. For all we know, Leinart could have done a lot better than Yates these last few games. The fact is we just don't know because he got hurt, but he didn't give any reason to suggest that he would have been worse in the one half that he played.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote